Bringing the Devon coast to the streets of London, CLAW marries a bounty from the sea with the land’s freshest seasonal produce in a celebration of the humble crustacean. Scurrying sideways across the city, try a pince of the action as CLAW takes up residency at Dalston’s award-winning pub The Three Compasses now until the end of January 2016 with must-try burgers, addictive sides and a brand new weekend brunch menu.
Founded by Foodpreneur 2015 winner Fabian Clark in January 2015, CLAW was born of a passion to put crab back onto British plates as Britain exports something to the tune of 80% of its crab to the rest of Europe. Now, Fabian brings his bespoke crab dishes to one of the East End’s most beloved new bars for a snappy stint of crustacean craziness.
Deadliest Catch: The Menu
The CLAW menu offers five burgers (priced between £9.50 and £11) each served in an organic soft brioche bun with tarragon salted fries including:
- The Samphire (Devonshire hand-picked crab, iceberg lettuce, samphire, CLAW sauce)
- The Kimchi (Devonshire hand-picked crab, iceberg lettuce, kimchi, sriracha remoulade)
- The Shrimp (freshwater shrimps, fried capers, icerberg lettuce and tartare sauce)
- The Veggie (mixed beans, cumin, iceberg lettuce and masala mayonnaise)
- The Octopus (Newlyn barbecued octopus, pickled cucumber, smoky BBQ sauce, coriander)
Sides include crab & mac, a seafood twist on the ultimate comfort food with a stringy mixture of Emmental, cheddar, Jarlsberg (£5); crab and mozzarella arancini with harissa mayo or lemon aioli (£4); and freshly-made slaw (£3).
A first for CLAW, a seafood-focused brunch menu will be available 11am – 4pm every weekend throughout the residency. Dishes include a Lobster BLT (£9); crab grilled cheese with chilli and coriander (£7); smoked pancetta sourdough sandwich (£5.50); and black pudding hash with smoked lardon, cauliflower purée, potatoes and a fried egg (£10).
CLAW @ The Three Compasses